Vintage Minerva Watch : Watch Star Tv India Online : Old Vintage Watches
Vintage Minerva Watch
- Denoting something of high quality, esp. something from the past or characteristic of the best period of a person's work
- the oldness of wines
- Vintage, in wine-making, is the process of picking grapes and creating the finished product. A vintage wine is one made from grapes that were all, or primarily, grown and harvested in a single specified year.
- a season's yield of wine from a vineyard
- Of, relating to, or denoting wine of high quality
- Main Injector Experiment for ?-A, or MINER?A, is a neutrino scattering experiment which uses the NuMI beamline at Fermilab.
- The MInisterial NEtwoRk for Valorising Activities in digitisation, or MINERVA, is a European Union organization concerned with the digitisation of cultural and scientific content.
- (Roman mythology) goddess of wisdom; counterpart of Greek Athena
- The goddess of handicrafts, widely worshiped and regularly identified with the Greek goddess Athena, which led to her being regarded also as the goddess of war
- Look at or observe attentively, typically over a period of time
- Secretly follow or spy on
- Keep under careful or protective observation
- a small portable timepiece
- look attentively; "watch a basketball game"
- a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ship's crew are on duty
Kriegsmarine K.M. 720
Kriegsmarine (KM, Navy).
Info by Konrad Knirim (Germany) 'NAWCC Bulletin' Dec. 1996
It is astonishing the number of timepieces of each kind which were budgeted for every type of ship. Many of the watch
es and clocks came from the little town of Glashuette in the mountainous area of the Erzgebirge near Dresden in Saxony. This is the home of the famous pocket watch
and chronometer firm of Lange & Soehne, as well as other firms like Assmann.
The German Bureau of Ships in Hamburg tested chronometers in Gesundbrunnen near Glashuette, far away from the coast. Many timepieces for the Navy were manufactured on the coast, e.g., the best known is "Chronometerwerke Hamburg," later owned by Wempe. In some cases they used movements by Glashuette, like those of the "eGmbH," a.s.o. Later, during World War II, chronometer production was contracted to the "Einheits-Chronometer" and built as well by Wempe and by Lange & Sohne. As they could not produce a sufficient number of chronometer movements, they reconstructed the pocket watch
caliber 48 in a gimbeled chronometer box, the well-known Lange-B-Chronometer.
Beside German-made items, there were many of Swiss origin, made like the very nice chronometer by Ulysse Nardin, or the navigation watches of IWC, Ulysse Nardin and Vacheron & Constantin. As well, there were German manufacturers, especially in the Black Forest, completing navigation watches with Swiss movements, such as Stowa (cal. Unitas). Lacher & Co. took the movement of Durowe (Deutsche Uhren-Rohwerke of Pforzheim) and Alpina had Minerva chronograph movements.
The Navy used some special watches for particular purposes, such as locating submarines with water bombs. The stopwatch used for this purpose has special scales to measure sea miles and depth of water. For normal use, there were more simple wrist and pocket watches of German and Swiss origin, (Alpina, Minerva, Berg, Zentra, Cortebert, Solvil...) marked "KM" on the dial. The Navy artillery used pocket chronographs with the "KM" for "Kriegsmarine" on the dial.
Santa Maria sopra Minerva (Church) / Tiempo di Minerva / Umbria
Piazza del Comune: Torre del Popolo e Santa Maria sopra Minerva
It’s called "Tiempo di Minerva" /Temple of Minerva
This is an actual Roman Temple, built and dedicated to the Goddess
Minerva. Built by Emperor Augustus in the AD 30's. They've simply
converted it to a church and
kept the pagan name.
See also: womens wristwatches jordan xx3 alarm chrono watch watch privileged episode 4 online swiss military automatic watch diesel watches leather invicta skeleton mechanical watch extra long watch strap digital timex watches
- (月) 12:27:52|
- Category: None
Comment is pending blog author's approval.
- 2017/10/02(月) 13:38:43 |
- [ Edit ]